CHICAGO – On Wednesday night, the Illinois Tech women's soccer team hosted Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) foe Edgewood at Stuart Field. The Scarlet Hawks (4-5, 1-1 NACC) were dominant against the Eagles (2-7-1, 0-2 NACC) 4-0.
How It Happened
- It did not take long for the Scarlet Hawks to get on the board. In the fifth minute, Anna Delseith scored off of a nice pass from Nicole Fajardo.
- The shots kept pouring in for the Scarlet Hawks. Despite some great goalkeeping by EC's Grace Wildeboer, Tech was able to find the back of the net again in the 34th minute. A rebound from a Delseith shot went right to Griggs, who had an easy shot for a 2-0 lead.
- Tech's shot total continued to climb after halftime, reaching into the 30s with several key chances. However, Edgewood turned away the Hawks consistently, including four shots rattling off the crossbar.
- With seven minutes left to play, the Scarlet Hawks added insurance. Fajardo found Griggs in front of a net on a great centering pass for the team's third tally.
- Calei Kennedy also got in on the scoring, booting one in from 20 yards out with five minutes and 30 seconds remaining.
- Edgewood added a late goal courtesy of Sarah Jenkins.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Griggs led the team with 11 shots, six shots on goal, and scored one tally.
- Fajardo had five shots and dished out two assists.
- Kennedy totaled a goal on four shots and three shots on goal.
- Delseith had a goal on four shots and two shots on net.
Stats to Know
- Shots were heavily in favor of Tech, outdoing the Eagles 37-5 on the day.
- Grace Wildeboer was outstanding for Edgewood, making 12 saves to keep the Eagles in it.
- Fouls were also in favor of Tech (8-3)
- The Scarlet Hawks will play host to Aurora, another NACC team, at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday night. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.