CHICAGO, Ill. – Saturday night saw a defensive battle by two NACC heavyweights as the Illinois Tech Scarlet Hawks and Milwaukee School of Engineering Raiders battled to the bitter end. The Hawks (5-5-1, 2-1-1 NACC) and Raiders (6-3-2, 3-0-1 NACC) ended in 0-0 stalemate under the lights of Stuart Field.
How it Happened
- A back and forth affair throughout saw the Raiders hold a 6-2 lead in shots at halftime and 12-6 at the end of regulation.
- The first overtime saw an offensive onslaught with the Raiders getting 4 shots off, the Tech defense was able to stand tall and hold the MSOE scoreless.
- In a last ditch effort, Elena Esparcia Cañada was able to get a shot of let in the last moments of overtime but was not able to put it past the Raider keeper.
Scarlet Hawks Standouts
- Catherine Klemp was consistent all night as she held the Raiders scoreless with 6 saves on 6 shots faced.
- Elena Esparcia Cañada led the Hawks with 3 shots, 2 of which were on goal
- The Hawks hit the road Tuesday night for a NACC showdown in Lisle, Ill. as they take on Benedictine University at 7:00pm