CHICAGO, Ill. - Two quick goals early in the second half paved the way for a huge NACC victory for Illinois Tech over Concordia University. The Hawks (8-5-2, 5-1-2 NACC) downed the Cougars (4-9-2, 4-3-1 NACC) in a Wednesday night conference showdown.
How It Happened
- The Cougars took the first half lead in the 29th minute off a one timer from the top of the box.
- The Hawks would bounce back as Nicole Fajardo tallied 2 goals in quick succession early in the second half.
- Fajardo got the Hawks on the board as she put home a rebound off the Erin James shot. The second of the night came off a Jamie Griggs through ball that Fajardo guided to the open net.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Fajardo was the one who stepped up tonight with two goals back to back.
- James and Griggs, no strangers to the score sheet, once again stepped up in a timely spots to put Fajardo in position to find the back of the net.
- Once again, Catherine Klemp was solid in goal as she made 4 saves on 5 shots on goal.
Inside the Box Score
- The Hawks held an advantage in shots throughout the night, outshooting the Cougars 14-7
- Illinois Tech also held attempted more corner kicks with 3 to Concordia's 1
- Saturday could prove as a pivotal game in the conference standings as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Mequon, Wis. for a 3:30 NACC showdown.