Chicago, Ill. - On a rainy Wednesday evening in Chicago, the Illinois Tech women's soccer team posted a dominant victory over conference foe Lakeland University. The Hawks (10-5-2, 7-1-2 NACC) kept the pressure on the Muskies (3-13-1, 2-9-0 NACC) for 90 straight minute to earn the 5-0 victory.
How It Happened
- Nicole Fajardo got the Hawks on the board 29 minutes into the game as she knocked home an Erin James cross off a free kick along the end line.
- 8 minuets later Elena Esparcia Cañada put an absolute rocket in the back of the net as she one timed a cross from Julia Honda.
- After the break, a flurry of chances in the Lakeland defensive end resulted in Julia Taliana connecting off the Call Kennedy cross to score her second of the season consecutive games.
- Taliana reversed roles and played distributor as she found Anna Delseith for the 4th goal of the afternoon just 13 minutes into the second half.
- Once again, Julia Taliana found the back of the net off the assist from Jamie Griggs as she fired it over the goalies head to the back post for her second of the game.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Julia Taliana scored 2 goals and had an assist on the evening, she broke into the scoring column Saturday afternoon with her first of the season and followed it u with a multi goal game.
- Fajardo once again found the back of the net, pushing her inaugural season total of goals to 7 on the year..
- Emily Garza earned the start. Her and Cheryl Gardner combined for the full game shut out on the evening.
- The Hawks have a quick turn around as they take on the #11 ranked University of Chicago at Stuart Field Thursday night.