Chicago, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team returned to the field just 24 hours after a big conference victory to take on local rival University of Chicago. The Hawks (11-6-2, 7-1-2 NACC) saw their 9 game unbeaten streak come to an end at the hand of the #11 ranked Maroons (11-1-2) 1-0
How It Happened
- The Maroons got on the board early with a goal in the 6th minute off a corner kick for the lone goal of the game.
- The Hawk defense was able to fend off a barrage of shots for the remaining 84 minutes, facing 15 shots in that time frame.
- The Hawks were able to get 3 shots on goal but were unable to put any past the Maroon Net minder
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- On a night where shots were hard to come by, 3 Scarlet Hawks were able to register one shot on goal..
- Outside of an early goal, Emily Garza had a strong performance with 7 saves on 8 shots faced.
- This concludes the out of conference schedule for the Hawks, they will return to action Saturday, October 26th at 1:00pm as they host Alverno.