DECORAH, Iowa - At the Liberal Arts Championships on Saturday, the Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving team had a strong day to jump in the rankings. With one day left to go at Luther College, the Scarlet Hawks hold third place in the standings with 272 points, just 13.5 points behind second-place Coe.
- Franklin (563.5)
- Coe (285.5)
- Illinois Tech (272)
- Luther (263)
- Loras (229)
- Morningside (168.5)
- Mills (152)
- Minnesota-Morris (144)
- Simpson (118)
- Nebraska Wesleyan (114.5)
- Principia (44)
Day Three Highlights
- The Scarlet Hawks had two finalists in the 400 Yard Individual Medley to start the day, both finishing in the top eight. Brigitte Temple (third, 4:42.06) and Kristin Wills (seventh, 4:53.90) both scored points for Tech.
- Briana Tyler continued her strong season in the 100 Yard Butterfly, placing fourth with a time 1:00.38.
- One of Tech's strongest events was the 200 Yard Freestyle, as Katherine Lydon (fourth, 1:57.17), Delaney Shepherd (13th, 2:05.19), Madeline Lane (14th, 2:08.93), and Ava Obenaus (16th, 2:09.32) all reached the finals.
- In the 100 Yard Breaststroke, Temple placed second with a time of 1:07.25. Emma Prager was also strong, placing seventh at 1:11.51.
- To wrap up the day, Tech placed third in the 200 Yard Medley Relay. Wills, Temple, Tyler, and Lydon combined for a time of 1:49.67. This was an Illinois Tech school record.
Day Four Preview
- Saturday's schedule will also begin at 10:00 a.m. with 6:00 p.m. finals.
- The day's events include the 200 Yard Backstroke, 100 Yard Freestyle, 200 Yard Breaststroke, 200 Yard Butterfly, 400 Yard Freestyle Relay, and the 1650 Yard Freestyle. The 1 Meter Diving event will also take place.
- Luther College will provide live video and live results for each of the day's events.