DECORAH, Iowa – Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving closed out the season on Saturday at the final day of the four-day Liberal Arts Championships at Luther College. In a very tight finish, the Scarlet Hawks placed fourth with 425 points, just two points behind third and five points behind second.
- Franklin (815.5)
- Coe (430)
- Luther (427)
- Illinois Tech (425)
- Loras (328)
- Morningside (258.5)
- Minnesota-Morris (247)
- Mills (209)
- Simpson (185.5)
- Nebraska Wesleyan (172.5)
- Principia (56)
Day Four Highlights
- Katherine Lydon was strong in the 1650 Yard Freestyle, placing fourth with a time of 17:58.36. Delaney Shepherd also scored points for Tech with a 19:24.81 time (10th place), as did Madeline Lane (11th, 19:49.34) and Ava Obenaus (12th, 20:00.26).
- In the 100 Yard Freestyle, both Jamie Wurster (eighth place, 57.19s) and Christiana Hiotaky (15th place, 58.00s) qualified for the final.
- Brigitte Temple was dominant in the 200 Yard Breaststroke, winning the event with a time of 2:24.22 and setting a Luther College pool record. Emma Prager (eighth, 2:35.44) and Milicia Gvozdjan (15th, 2:44.24) were also finalists.
- Briana Tyler (2:16.24) and Kristin Wills (2:19.30) both were awesome in the 200 Yard Butterfly, finishing fourth and fifth respectively. Lavinia Santos also reached the finals, placing 16th (2:44.47).
- Christian Jones placed seventh in the 1 Meter Diving competition with a score of 308.45.
- The Scarlet Hawks closed the day with a fourth-place finish in the 400 Yard Freestyle Relay, as Temple, Wills, Tyler, and Lydon recorded a time of 3:43.85.