MEQUON, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's tennis team (5-1, 1-1) became the first squad in school history on Saturday to compete in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) contests, traveling to Wisconsin to play matches at both Wisconsin Lutheran College and defending NACC champion Concordia University Wisconsin. The Scarlet Hawks began the day with a dominant 9-0 win over WLC before dropping a very competitive match to CUW 5-4.
How it Happened – WLC Match
- The Scarlet Hawks started out strong, winning all three doubles matches in impressive fashion.
- #1 (Weronika Halicka/Morgan Colbert) and #3 (Sarah Oshana/Allyson Trang) doubles were particularly strong, winning 8-1, 8-0 respectively.
- In singles, the Warriors managed to win just eight games combined over the six slots, with no Tech athlete surrendering more than two.
- Playing in #1 singles, Colbert was impressive with a 6-1, 6-0 win. Trang, competing in the #4 spot, was also a 6-1, 6-0 winner.
- Mouna Chacin was dominant in #6 singles, downing WLC's Taylor Kresa 6-0, 6-0.
How it Happened – CUW Match
- The Scarlet Hawks were in good shape through doubles after taking two of the three contests.
- Halicka and Colbert were 8-3 winners in the #3 spot, while Trang and Oshana won 8-5 in the #3 spot.
- As they have done throughout their Scarlet Hawk careers, Halicka and Colbert overwhelmed the opponent in #1 and #2 singles. Halicka won 6-2, 6-0 as Colbert was a 6-1, 6-2 winner.
- The Falcons were able to take the final four singles spots to edge out the Hawks. Trang fought hard in the #5 spot, with both sets needing tiebreakers to decide the winner.
- The Scarlet Hawks will continue the NACC slate next Saturday with matches in the Chicago suburbs. Tech will take on Dominican University in Forest Park at 10:00 a.m. before opposing Concordia University Chicago at 2:00 p.m. on the school's River Forest campus.