Mar 10, 2019
KALAMAZOO, Mich. -- The Illinois Tech Women's Tennis Team dropped a non-conference match to Kalamazoo at the Markin Center on Saturday. The Hornets (3-3) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (12-3), 7-2, Saturday.
How It Happened
- Kalamazoo started the match winning two out of three matches in doubles competition to go ahead 2-1.
- Weronika Halicka and Morgan Colbert won at No. 1 doubles against Kalamazoo's Laura Hanselman and Charlie Norton, 8-4.
- Halicka came back later on and picked up the victory at No. 1 singles in straight sets against Kalamazoo's Hanselman, 6-3, 6-0.
- Colbert dropped a hard-fought hard match at No. 2 singles, losing a three-set tiebreaker, 6-4, 6-7, 6-1.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Monday, March 18 as the Scarlet Hawks take on Colorado College in Orlando, Fla. starting at 5:30 p.m. CT at the USTA National Center.