CHICAGO, Ill. - In a last-minute schedule change, the Illinois Tech women's tennis team bumped up its match against Division I University of Illinois-Chicago to Wednesday morning, playing the match on UIC's campus. Tech fought hard against the Flames, falling 7-1.
How it Happened
- Facing their toughest competition of the year, the Scarlet Hawks were downed in No. 1 and No. 2 doubles.
- The duo of Weronika Halcika and Morgan Colbert were able to win two games in the loss in No. 1, while Kaitlyn Graves and Sophia Nelson took a game in the No. 2 defeat.
- Mouna Chahin and Kylie Hance earned Tech's win in No. 3 doubles via forefit.
- While Tech was downed in all singles matches as well, Halicka (6-1, 6-3 in No. 1) and Colbert (6-1, 6-2 in No. 2) were able to take games as well.
- The Scarlet Hawks will play at North Park University on Sunday at 10:00 a.m.