CHICAGO, Ill. - Hosting its first Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) Tournament match in school history on Wednesday afternoon, the Illinois Tech women's tennis team showed it was up to the task. The third-seeded Scarlet Hawks (17-6) handily won doubles before taking the first two singles matches of the day, taking down sixth-seeded Wisconsin Lutheran (10-11) by a score of 5-0.
- Weronika Halicka and Morgan Colbert, just as they have done all season, impressed in the No. 1 doubles match. The 12th ranked doubles pairing in the region were 8-0 winners over WLC's Amanda Wiertzny and Hannah Gerbing.
- In No. 2 doubles, the duo of Sophia Nelson and Kaitlyn Graves won 8-1 against Sandhya Akella and Katarina Volkmann.
- The tandem of Kylie Hance and Mouna Chahin also impressed, coasting to an 8-2 victory over WLC's Reebee Ratkowski and Natalee Douangvialy.
- In singles, Halicka was the first to finish in the No. 1 spot. The 11th ranked singles player in the region defeated Wiertzny 6-1, 6-0.
- The fifth and final point came down to No. 2, No. 3, and No. 4 singles, as Colbert, Hance, and Nelson were all at match point simultaneously. Colbert was able to finish her match first, as the sophomore defeated Gerbing 6-2, 6-0.
- The Scarlet Hawks are now headed to the NACC Tournament Semifinals, which will take place on Sunday at the University of Wisconsin's Nielsen Tennis Stadium. Tech will oppose second-seeded Concordia University Wisconsin at 10:30 a.m. A win would advance the Scarlet Hawks to the NACC Championship match, which is slated to begin at 1:00 p.m. Sunday.