BOURBONNAIS, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's tennis team traveled to Olivet Nazarene University on Labor Day to oppose a tough Olivet Nazarene Tigers team. Tech played the Tigers close, but fell 4-3 in the match with doubles being scored as one decision.
How it Happened
- In No. 2 doubles, Kylie Hance and Sophia Nelson were 7-5 victors. However, ONU was able to take No. 1 and No. 3 to win the doubles portion of the match.
- Morgan Colbert stole the show in singles, winning in the No. 1 spot against a very strong opponent (Jovana Parlic). After dropping the first set 4-6, she went onto win 7-5 and 11-9 to take the point.
- Hana Iverson was victorious in No. 2, winning 6-3,, 7-5.
- In No. 5, Allyson Trang was a 6-3, 6-1 winner.
- On Wednesday, the Scarlet Hawks will open up Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) play against Concordia University Chicago at 4:00 p.m. at XS Tennis.