BOURBONNAIS, Ill. – This weekend, the women's tennis team played in the Olivet Nazarene Invite, facing scholarship schools in both singles and doubles competition. The break from Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) play provided the Scarlet Hawks with a nice tune-up for the rest of the schedule.
- Three different players went 2-1 on the weekend. One of which was Sarah Oshana, who in the "B" draw won her first two matches to reach the bracket's final four. She downed Grace Monahan of St. Francis (Ill.) 2-6, 6-4, 10-7 in the opening round before defeating Grace Stevens of Western Illinois () for her two victories.
- Also going 2-1 were both Sophia Nelson and Mouna Chahin, winning both of their matches in the backdraw of the "B" draw. Nelson bested Maddie Holdren of Olivet Nazarene 4-6, 6-4, 10-4 before defeating Monahan 6-4, 6-3. As for Chahin, she defeated Michelle Robert of St. Francis by default prior to a dominant 6-1, 6-1 win over Angelique Diaz (also from St. Francis).
- Claire Marlowe also picked up a singles win, going 1-1 on the weekend. Her victory was over Diaz as well, defeating here 6-0, 6-0 in the opening round of the "B" draw.
- The duo of Oshana and Chahin were also strong, going 2-0. They defeated Robert and Diaz 6-0 before a victory over a Western Illinois pairing of Likhitha Kancherla and Laura Ballesteros 6-2.
- Hance and Nelson also won a doubles match, beating Holdren and Emma Bush of Olivet Nazarene 6-2.
- Morgan Colbert and Hana Iverson picked up a victory as well, downing Delaney Segroves and Anna Coddington of ONU 6-0.
- NACC contests continue for Tech on Saturday September 28 as the Scarlet Hawks will hit the road to play defending champion Edgewood (10:00 a.m.) and MSOE (2:00 p.m.) on the road.