MADISON, Wis., and MILWAUKEE, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's tennis team continued Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) play on Saturday. In a trip to Wisconsin, the Scarlet Hawks (3-5, 3-2 NACC) squared off against defending conference champion Edgewood (8-2, 5-0 NACC) in the morning and Milwaukee School of Engineering (6-6, 3-3 NACC) in the afternoon. A tight 5-4 loss to the Eagles was followed by an 8-1 win against the Raiders.
Match Highlights – Edgewood Match
- The Scarlet Hawks were able to secure a close win in the No. 1 spot, as the duo of Morgan Colbert and Hana Iverson won 8-7 (3).
- Tech's top three players were able to secure singles wins, with Colbert (6-2, 6-4), Iverson (6-4, 6 (2)-7, 10-5), and Kylie Hance (7-6(3), 4-6, 10-8) coming out on top.
- Early success in doubles proved to be crucial for the Eagles, as the hosts took the No. 2 and No. 3 matches over the Scarlet Hawks. Edgewood later took the bottom three singles spots as well.
Match Highlights – MSOE Match
- Doubles was dominant for the Hawks, winning all three spots. The most impressive pairing may have been No. 2, as Hance and Sophia Nelson won 8-0.
- Five of the six singles matches went Tech's way, with Iverson winning 6-1, 6-0 in No. 2.
- In addition to Iverson, Colbert (No. 1), Nelson (No. 4), Allyson Trang (No. 5), and Claire Marlowe (No. 6) were also winners.
- NACC play continues on Tuesday as the Scarlet Hawks will host Dominican University at 4:00 p.m. at XS Tennis.