Mar 26, 2016
RENSSELAER, Ind. – The Illinois Institute of Technology women's track and field team opened up the outdoor season nicely at St. Joseph's Gene and Rose Edmonds Invitational.
- Taylor Schaub placed fourth in the high jump, as the 1.51m mark was the second best of her collegiate career.
- Adriane Walther placed fifth in the javelin throw at 24.94m.
Quotes from the Coaches
- "Across the board, this was a great day," said Head Coach Keith Burke. "The throwers were able to set several school records. It was a great way to begin the outdoor season and I'm excited to see how the rest of the schedule unfolds."
- "Since I started working with her, she has been doing drills she has never done before," said Assistant Coach Nick Schneigert of Schaub. "She started working on specific marks the she adjusts after every attempt. Thus, she has been flourishing this year."
- The team competes in the UChicago Ted Hayden Invitational on Saturday, April 2. Match time is set for 11:00 a.m.