Mar 30, 2019
ROCK ISLAND, Ill. – Illinois Tech's women's track and field team competed at Augustana College on Saturday to welcome the outdoor season. The Scarlet Hawks had several strong races and events on the day.
- Tech's top event was the long jump, where Mminika Effiong finished in 23rd place at 4.51m. In the 200m, Effiong finished in 50th place at 30.92s.
- Masha Staub was strong in the 100m, clocking in at 14.07s in 26th place. Alexandra Montgomery was not far behind in the same event, placing 33rd at 14.53s.
- Zoey Krevitz placed 39th in the 800m at 3:04.13.
- Also a distance runner, Madalyn Urig finished in 71st in the 1500m at 6:54.42.
- The Scarlet Hawks will compete in the Wheaton Invitational on April 6.