LISLE, Ill. – On Friday and Saturday the Illinois Tech women's track and field team partook in the Benedictine University Relays. The Scarlet Hawks competed against over 25 local teams, turning in some great races and field marks.
- Mminika Effiong has had a great long jump career as a Scarlet Hawk. Her resume was added to over the weekend, as she recorded a 4.68m mark and 14th-place finish at Benedictine.
- Running in the 3000m, Erin Nelson clocked in at 12:12.77, good for 18th place. Madalyn Urig had a 14:44.62 time in the same race.
- Zoey Krevitz had a great 800m race, placing 46th at 2:56.47. She also ran strong in the 1500m, coming in 37th place with a time of 6:16.13.
- In the 100m, Alexandra Montgomery (14.25s, 34th) and Masha Staub (14.30s, 36th) were strong for the Scarlet Hawks. Both runners were also strong in the 200m, with Staub (29.42s, 39th) slightly outpacing Montgomery (29.56s, 40th).
- The Scarlet Hawks will compete in a twilight meet at Wheaton College on Thursday.