CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illlinois Tech women's volleyball team hosted Moody Bible Institute on Friday night, earning its 10th win of the season in a 3-0 win. The team recieved contributions from its entire roster in the impressive win.
- Tech 3, Moody 0 (25-13, 25-12, 25-18)
How it Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks dominated from the start, building a 11-1 lead to force a Moody Bible timeout. The Archers never recovered from the slow start as Tech cruised to a set one victory.
- Set two featured more of the same, as the Scarlet Hawks started things with a 6-0 run. Moody would pull as close as three, but Tech remianed steady and built the lead to double-digits late. Kills from Lydia Goebel and Leah van der Sanden iced the set.
- In set three, the Archers scored the first three points, but the Scarlet Hawks responded with a 7-0 run fuled by two Alyssa Miner kills. Moody came back to puill to within one at 15-14, but Tech regrouped and clinched the match victory on a Justine Bracco kill.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Sara Hassell led the team in kills (9) and hitting percentage (.421%). She also had a solo and an assisted block.
- Goebel had one of her best matches, tallying five kills and a .231 hitting percentage.
- Miner had six kills, and .286 hitting percentage, and two block assists.
- Caitlyn Kenneally had four kills, a .375 hitting percentage, and two block assists in one of her best collegiate matches.
- Courtney Curcio had team-highs in digs (13) and aces (four).
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks dominated on the attack with 31 kills and a .253 hitting percentage. Moody hit just -.071% with 16 kills.
- The Scarlet Hawks recorded eight aces.
- Tech is now 10-14 on the season.
- The Scarlet Hawks are right back at it at home on Saturday with a 12:00 p.m. match against Kalamazoo College. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.