CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech Women's Volleyball team made the short trip to Moody Bible Institute on Tuesday night to oppose the Archers for the second time this season. The Scarlet Hawks downed the hosts in straight sets.
- Tech 3, Moody 0 (25-19, 25-15, 25-13)
How it Happened
- The teams exchanged leads for most of the first set. This was the case until Sara Hassell sparked a rally to break a 16-16 tie with a kill. It started a 8-1 run, which featured two Taylor Burton kills. Burton closed the set out with another kill for Tech's 25th point.
- There were a lot of similarities between the first and second set. Both teams traded advantages to start, and Hassell once again started a big run (this time 9-1) to put Tech ahead. However, this time the run came much earlier, as the Scarlet Hawks built a 17-10 advantage. Burton and Hassell scored the set's final two points with kills.
- In set three, the Hawks rattled off eight straight points after Moody scored once to start. Tech cruised to a match victory, never in danger of losing the big lead.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Burton had 12 kills and a .611 hit percentage.
- Hassell's final tally was nine kills and 11 digs.
- Alyssa Miner ended up with nine kills and a hit percentage of .500.
- Leah van der Sanden recorded seven kills.
- Natalie Freund (19) and Courtney Darling (17) had double-digit assists.
- Courtney Curcio led Tech in digs with 21.
Stats to Know
- Tech outhit the Archers .333% to .041%.
- Tech recorded 55 digs compared to just 37 for Moody.
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Bluffton, Ohio to oppose Earlham (3:00 p.m. central time) and Bluffton (5:00 p.m. central time) on Saturday.