CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team dropped a match to Anderson (Ind.) at the North Park Gymnasium in Chicago, 3-1, on Friday evening.
The Ravens (4-2) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (0-6), 3-1, (9-25, 25-18, 26-24, 25-22).
How It Happened
- Illinois Tech dominated the first set and took it 25-9.
- The Ravens responded and took the next three sets and the match.
- Anderson was down 22-18 in the third set but the Ravens pulled off the come back and won the set, 26-24.
- Illinois Tech and Anderson were tied at 19 all in the fourth set before the Ravens outscored the Scarlet Hawks, 6-3.
- The Ravens had 10+ kills in the last three sets, including 18 in the third set.
- Anderson had three players who had over 10 kills, including Felicity Bontrager, who led the Ravens with 15 kills.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Junior Taylor Burton led Illinois Tech in the match with seven kills.
- Junior Courtney Curcio recorded 10 digs, which led the Scarlet Hawks.
- Alyssa Miner picked up four blocks as the senior led Illinois Tech in that category.
- The Scarlet Hawks won their biggest set of the year 25-18.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Saturday, Sept. 8 for two consecutive matches as the Scarlet Hawks take on Knox College starting at noon (CT) and North Park University starting at 2:30 p.m. (CT).