CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team hosted a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) match on Tuesday evening with the Lakeland University Muskies visiting the Keating Sports Center. After a tight first set, Lakeland (13-7, 4-2 NACC) defeated Illinois Tech (3-11, 1-4 NACC) 3-0.
- LU 3, Tech 0 (25-23, 25-9, 25-12)
How it Happened
- Lakeland led for most of the first set, holding a five-point advantage late before the Scarlet Hawks stormed back to within one at 24-23. Lakeland would score the set's final point despite Leah van der Sanden tallying four kills in the set.
- Set two was all Muskies, as the visitors scored 19 of the set's first 20 points en route to a 25-9 win.
- In set three, Lakeland once again took early control, building a 12-point lead at 17-5. Tech traded points with the Muskies down the stretch, but the visitors were able to hang on.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- van der Sanden had arguably one of the best matches of her career in the loss, tallying seven kills and a .353 hit percentage.
- Courtney Darling had nine assists and 13 digs.
- The Scarlet Hawks will face one of the three remaining unbeaten in NACC play on Friday night when the team travels to Concordia University Wisconsin for a 7:00 p.m. match.