AURORA, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team played its first Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) match of the season on Wednesday night. Taking on last year's defending tournament and regular season champion Aurora, the Scarlet Hawks (2-7, 0-1 NACC) fell to the Spartans (8-5, 1-0) in straight sets.
- Aurora 3, Tech 0 (10-25, 14-25, 16-25)
How it Happened
- Aurora showed early why the 2018 NACC crown went its way, outhitting the Hawks .400% to -.056% in the first set en route to a dominant win.
- While Tech was able to slow the Spartans on offense a bit in the second, the AU defense still held Tech in the negatives on the attack.
- The Scarlet Hawks played a strong middle of the third set, but a strong start (6-1 run) and finish (6-0 run) by the Spartans was the difference.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Sinjin Acuna led all players in the match with 22 digs.
- Both Natalie Freund and Allison Wilkins recorded service aces.
- The Scarlet Hawks will not play another match until Friday, September 27, when Tech plays at St. Mary of the Woods College for a 6:00 p.m. central time (7:00 p.m. eastern time) non-conference match.