Chicago, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team was back in action Friday night in Keating Sports Center as they hosted Alverno in NACC action. The Hawks (7-18, 3-8 NACC) swept the Inferno (1-25, 0-11 NACC) 3-0.
- Tech 3, Alverno 0 (25-11, 25-18, 25-16)
Match Highlights and Notes
- Tech started with a dominant performance in the first set with multiple runs of at least 5 points to separate and finish the with a 25-11 win.
- The second set started quickly for the Hawks as they took 4 of the first 5 points and gradually increased their lead to finish with a 25-18 victory
- Set 3 saw much of the same as Tech gradually inched further and further ahead and never let the Inferno back into it finishing with a 25-16 final.
- Sarah Hassell once again led the way on the offensive side of the net, racking up 8 kills on the evening.
- Natalie Freund, Jessica Weaver, and Justin Bracco each chipped in 6 kills.
- Bracco also set the tone on the defensive side fo the net with 3 blocks to lead the Hawks
- Courtney Darling paved the way with 11 assists, Allison Wilkins also chipped in with 10.
- Sinjin Acuna anchored the backline with 10 digs to lead the Hawks defensively.
- The Hawks head to Wheaton College tomorrow, October 26th for a double header facing host Wheaton College at 10:00am and Kalamazoo at 12:00pm